BRONX, NY - NEW YORK, NY - NEWARK, NJ - PASSAIC, NJ ONLY
Assistant Managers support the Store Manager in day-to-day store supervision. This includes staff, sales, inventory, and resource management. They help the Store Manager promote an optimal customer experience by providing exceptional customer service , identifying current and future customer requirements, and ensuring staff are trained to provide excellent service as well.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- assisting the Store Manager with providing a strong leadership presence and control in store
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- assist the Store Manager in managing budgets, maintaining statistical and financial records, and monitoring and achieving KPIs and sales targets
- dealing with customer queries and providing excellent customer service
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- collaborating with the Store Manager to diagnose opportunities to maximize profitability and set/meet sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- ensuring compliance with Company and all other legal legislation
- liaising with the Store Manager and corporate office
- ability to perform and train in all in-store duties including but not limited to sales, cashier, stock etc.
- ability to stand for extended periods of time
- performing other duties as assigned
NYC compensation from $16 - $20 an hour.