BRONX, NY - NEW YORK, NY - NEWARK, NJ - PASSAIC, NJ ONLY
Cashiers are critical team members responsible for obtaining payment for goods while delivering excellent customer service. They possess strong mathematical skills, attention to detail and problem solving ability.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- collecting payments by accepting cash, credit, or debit payments from customers and making accurate change for cash customers
- learning Company systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies including current promotions
- knowledgeable of all related to POS and Company procedures for payment and payment verification
- balancing the cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift
- meeting and exceeding customer needs through proactive engagement
- achieving personal sales goals and work collective with team members to achieve store sales goals
- ability to perform customer service and sales functions
- ability to stand for extended periods of time
- maintaining a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
- ensuring compliance with Company and all other legal legislation including but not limited to attendance, Loss Prevention, and compliance
- performing other duties as assigned
NYC compensation from $15 an hour.